Monday, January 24, 2011

Can't Wait for the Cold to End

Hello Crafts,
    
     Sorry everyone that I don't have any crazy funny stories for this week.  So far we've avoided that raccoon stew again.  It can only go on so long though before I finally have to eat it. haha  I can't believe that Hooper is in the 40s!  What is this garbage?  All last week the warmest it got was in the teens!  We got a few more inches of snow during that 2 day "heat wave too".  I can't wait for it to warm up, but that's not going to happen until maybe March or April.  Luckily I think that I can survive one more month of it.  Thursday night/ Friday morning was the coldest it's been here by far.  I went out to move the car for Brother G. at about 8 a.m. and the thermometer in the dash said that it was -15 out side without windchill.  We called the weather report on our phone to see what the windchill was and it said that it was -30 with windchill that morning.  The cool part is that now I've spent so much time out in it that I don't even really start to notice the sold until it's below 0.  I figured out a test to know when it -5 or colder.  I just go out and breathe through my nose and if it freezes inside then I know it's that cold.  I'm becoming my own thermometer and a real man at the same time so it's a win win for everyone! haha  At the members house we ate at Friday night too he told us that the night before had been -40 without windchill and windchill dropped it to -60!!  That's insane!  I wish that I would have known though so I could have gone out and taking a picture in my basketball shorts of it like I want to. That would have been sweet to send home right Mom? ;) haha 
    
     I did get the package last monday when we got home from shopping, so thank you everyone!  That was sweet!  I really like the CDs Brady and the NERF hoop and shaving kit Camie apparently I should be using that here pretty soon is the sign I'm getting, so I'll try my hardest. haha :)  You weren't kidding about that scarf either Mom, but  I love it!!  It's so warm and if ever I need somewhere to sleep I'm wearing a hammock around my neck, so I'm always prepared! :) Seriously though thanks it means a lot that you spent the time on it that you did.  Some of the women in the branch told me to tell you that you did a very nice job on it.  It's some of the best crocheting that they've seen.  So the people of Menomonie were able to see what real fine "Craft"smanship is.  haha Nice job!

    Sorry it's not very long and I don't have much to say other than I'm super excited to be an uncle again!  That's gonna be fun for you 2, Camie and Brock, but I'm excited anyway.  I'll have 2 nephews at least by the time I get home. 

Dad:  That would be way cool if you got the job in Holladay.  I hope you do too.  I've been praying for you so let me know how it goes.

Mom:  I heard about L. from Kat.  That's still crazy though.  Maybe it will have to be L.  That's too bad about A. J.  How's the family handling it?  And it sounds like J.'s going to be having a rough time for the next little while.

Nick and Tati:  I just have a couple questions for you what's the ward and stake you are in and your address?  You're the only ones I don't have an address for.  Any news on the internship too?

Kat and Tom:  I hope everything's going well with school and work.  I can't wait to hear from you guys.

Camie and Brock:  The package really was so good!  Thanks for that!  I was excited to get all of it and the fact that they were wrapped so I had legit presents to open too were sweet!  I got your letter too so I'll try writing you back today.

Brady:  Basketball games just sound stupid now.  What's up with that?  Mr. L. is kind of a push over though so it doesn't sur[rise me that he just didn't want any contention.  Just push through these next few weeks and get your project done.  You'll be happy that you do! 

Natalie:  How's the 8th grade going still?  I don't really know what else to ask you about haha.  Are you still going to the temple?  I hope to hear from you soon.

Grandma:  How's the family history missionary work and your calling going?  I tell everyone what a professional you are at new family search out here so they know that they can always so more to help out their ancestors.

     Like I said before sorry that it's so short and that I didn't have that much to talk about.  I look forward to hearing from you guys and hope that all is well.  I'm staying warm and still faithfully and diligently serving.  I miss you and love you very much.

Love, Elder Alex Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment