Wednesday, November 3, 2010

MTC - First Day!

Dear Mom, Dad, & Family,

Today has been very crazy! Ever since you dropped me off they had me running around everywhere going to orientations, picking up my packet w/ my badge, and then going to class w/ my new companion and people in my district. My new companion is Elder Jonathan Lewis.  He is Jack & Janette's nephew from Malt or Malta Idaho. Some small town by the border. He's way cool, patient, and good listener, and I can see how he's really to Sister Young in almost everything he does. The other Elders in our room are Elders Anderson and Eggersten both from utah and cool guys too.

I've felt every emotion today. I got dropped off feeling sad w/some anxiety, but everyone here is so happy and encouraging I felt comforted and welcome right when I walked in the gates almost. Throughout lessons and activities I felt excited and exhilerated about this great work and what I'm involved in. I'll never have this experience of being here again. There really is no place like it on Earth, so I'm trying to think of that and live it up as best as I can. I will be completely honest though I have though I have thought about all of you all day and felt the homesickness especially when I was unpacking. I want you to know I do miss you guys and love you alot. Nobody's lying when they say it's tough but I know I'll just have to go to the Lord and he will give me the strength I need. Just pray for me like I know you are and keep prayers in your heart because I'm going to have to constantly to make the adjustment I have to. I am excited to do what I've been called to do don't get me wrong. It's just your fault that it's hard for being so awesome.  :)

On the plus side you'll be happy to know I was able to eat lunch w/out too much pain at all. So hopefully my mouth keeps healing. Also, while I was eating I saw Elder Russell (It's weird I can't call him Shae) and he came and hugged me and we got to talk. It was great to see him again. I'm gonna be on the lookout for Scott too.

Well I've learned alot already today and taken alot of notes. My testimony's going to be stretched and tested but I can feel it growing. I know this is what I'm meant to be doing and I'm trying to look forward to the challenges each day brings. I'm sorry if you can't read this too well. I'm not sure if it's excitement or nerves but my hand's been shaking all day. Just know I love each one of you so much and wanted to write you this. I need a picture of everyone ASAP so I can show you off and always have the constant reminder of why I'm here; so others can have a family like mine. Can't wait to hear from you!

Love Always,

Elder Alexander James Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment