Monday, July 16, 2012

All Signs Indicate Romney Should be Stopped

Dear Craft Family,

     I'm so glad to hear all about the great things going on with all of you!  In about a week from what it sounds like we're going to have a new little family addition too!  That's way exciting!  I wish I had more time to write today so I'm sorry if this is a little shorter.

     This week has been a great week for us here!  Things are going well in our part of the vineyard in Lake Nokomis South with an investigator we have setting a baptismal date for the 11th of August.  He is a great guy that we have grown to love so much.  He was introduced to the missionaries at church about 3 months ago with his girlfriend who is a member of the ward here that brought him to church.  Things have been going well and I've been meeting with him ever since I got to the area.  Things have now progressed not only spiritually, but with him and his girlfriend to where they are planning on getting married here soon but he wants to be baptized before then so they can work on being sealed.  We were so excited for him and are working very hard to help him make it for the 11th, so then in about a year we can see them at their sealing.  Family completing, or in the case a family starting baptism, are among some of the greatest moments and miracles that the Lord allows us to be apart of as missionaries.  This investigator told us how he respects and reveres us so much and every Elder he's ever met and looks forward to the day that his now 5 year old son can serve a mission and become like us.  It's great to see the impact just an example can be to all the people around us.

     Things have also been going well here in the District and our Zone too.  We're on track to try and meet our goal.  There are so many great miracles and blessings that Our Father in Heaven is giving to us.  I appreciate the love and faith that you all show in all your prayers that help to aid us with all the miracles we've seen.  It sounds like there have been some great things going for you guys too.  Not only with the baby coming but the move for Nick and Brady getting to see what a big city mailbox and yard looks like haha.  It sounds like he's having a great time over there which is great. 

     The libraries been packed today so I only have a couple minutes left to say some last things.  First, President Clements told all us missionaries that we need to get an absentee ballot if we want to vote this year and because the election is the day before I come home I need you to see if I've been registered somehow or what I can do to get that absentee ballot.  It will be kind of interesting to see what happens leading up to that.  We found another stop sign with Romney painted under it the other day.  I should have registered to vote my Senior year I'm pretty sure, but I remember having to turn in my registration for some assignment in my U.S. Government class and the teacher said she'd send them in for us.  I'm just never sure if she did.  So if you know how to check that out or look it up just let me know what I need to do for that haha.  Also, time is flying by!  I can't believe Tommy Scoleri comes home from Florida in about a week and a half!  That's so crazy!  That's probably why you didn't see many of our friends up at the Weber State fireworks, Mom.  Most of mine are either married or on missions haha.  You could be right that you weren't in the right spot either this year to see the rest of them running around everywhere haha. 

     Well I love you guys and I hope all is well with you.  I look forward to any new exciting pictures and updates next week.  Tell Whitney and Phil good luck and I'll be praying for them too.  I'll talk to you soon!

Love, Elder Alex Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment