Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July Fun

Hello Everyone!

     The 4th of July was a lot of fun with us with transfers and having some good bbq at the Johnson's house.  We had all the missionaries in the ward there and some of their family so that made things pretty eventful and fun.  We still had to be home before the fireworks started to do our planning but after planning to end the night the Barretts invited us upstairs to watch the fireworks from their backyard that they were shooting off a few blocks away on the other side of the freeway at Veteran's Park.  I don't know if I mentioned before that we live in the Barretts basement or not.  If not you know now haha.  Elder Neeley and I call it "the Man Cave".  Hopefully I get some pictures taken soon that we can show you exactly what I'm talking about haha.

     The heat and humidity has been pretty crazy this last week.  We had a couple days of the heat index of 110+.  Today there's a nice breeze and the temperature's dropped a little so it feels more like a Utah hot and not a tropical summer day.  Things here with Elder Neeley are going great there.  I told you a little last week but he's from Logan and went to Mountain Crest High School.  He's the youngest of 4 boys and the last one to serve a mission.  He graduated last year and has been out since December so he loves to tell me how "ancient" I am on the mission haha.  He's a way cool guy and great missionary.  It was an interesting transfer for him moving 30 blocks for transfers from the Lake Nokomis North area to Lake Nokomis South.  We are really working hard together and trying hard to motivate and inspire the zone.  We also need to try and build up the work here in our area.  We have some good people we're teaching but not enough to balance out our time between finding (tracting, contacting, etc.) and teaching.  We did a lot more finding this week and really hit the ground sweating with some of those warm days, but we did find 17 Future Investigators or people who gave us their info. and told us to come by again.  So hopefully with that things should start to pick up.

     I love hearing all the updates from home.   It gives me a lot of things to remember to pray for haha jk.  I hope that things are going better out West with the fires and East with the storms.  Nick's probably enjoying the Arizona heat by now but I'll keep praying things continue to go well there too.  That's good you're keeping an eye on my friends at these farewells for me.  Have you found out if any of those guys still at home are planning on serving a mission or school or anything like that.  Speaking of school I still haven't decided at all where I'm going to go or what I'm even going to study.  President Clements told me I need to start looking into it a little bit but there's no time on p-day to spend looking at that haha.  There are some members in the ward from Hawaii, the Fuluvakas, that were trying to convince me to go out to BYU-Hawaii and almost had me sold haha.  So if we throw that into the mix with N's offer of ASU too there's s few different places I could think about going along with the U of M back here in Minneapolis haha.  But who knows I may just end up at good old "Harrison High" (Weber State).  I'll let you know if I need any help application wise. 

     Thanks for all the letters and support you guys give to me!  I really appreciate the time that you spend writing or in prayer.  It means a lot.  You guys are the greatest and I look forward to talking to you again!

Love, Elder Minnesoooota Craft :)

P.S.  I think that happened a couple times with my radio Dad but to be honest I can't remember what I did to fix it.  It may be something with the wiring.  I know when my subs would cut out it was a loose wire I had to tighten or adjust on the amp, so maybe that is it.  I'm not sure.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

No comments:

Post a Comment