Monday, May 7, 2012

See You Sunday!

Dear Family,

     It's great to hear from all of you and to see that everyone, especially Brady, is surviving.  I'm so glad each week when I get to hear about all the great things going on.  That's so crazy about Alec Stimpson and his mission call!  Three FHS guys all from the soccer team out half a world away from home staying together.  I think that that's so cool.  September is going to come up quick on him.  He's probably going to get there the same transfer that Scott goes home. Depending on when he goes in the MTC it would be pretty crazy to have them pass each other like that. 

     This week has been a really great week for us here.  It was pretty wet but good.  We have had it rain with some pretty heavy storms just about everyday this past week.  The moisture is definitely a good thing for the state after such a mild winter.  We've been meeting with some of those same investigators that I mentioned before and are starting to see good progress in some and continuing progress in others.  We are excited for the things that are going to happen here.  There are a couple new investigators that we have found and are trying to work closely with the ward in getting them to come to church.  Our Ward Mission Leader is trying to plan a BBQ this weekend with some other young couples and families in their part of the ward to invite some of these investigators to, so they get more of an association with the church outside of us coming over to teach them.  So things here are looking great as always!  Is Brady's p-day on Tuesday in the MTC? I think that's when he wrote home last right?

     Stake Conference for us was yesterday and it was a very good meeting.  I got to see a bunch of the members from the Eden Prairie Ward and talk to them again about why I was all the sudden gone from the ward without a phone call or anything.  It was really great to see and talk to them.  It made me realize how amazing it is that you can grow so close to people in such a short amount of time.  It was nice to have them wave and come over to talk to me.  It always feels good when you can leave an impression on people to where you're not just another missionary from Utah haha. 

    I can not believe that this week is Mother's Day!  That is so crazy!  I'll try to call about 3 pm Minnesota time to hopefully catch all you in Utah at home and be able to get Nick and Tati.   If that time doesn't work for you guys just email me what time will be best before Sunday and I'll check my email later this week and adjust the time to what works for you.  Our day is looking pretty open and flexible for that day, so just let me know.  I am excited to talk to you and President said that we can use they mission office to Skype from so we'll hook up our web cam and computer in here to the TV we have like we do for our meetings.  So this should be the best set up I've had for a call yet. haha  You'll get to see Elder Dalrymple too because his family has church until 4 and with only one camera we'll just have to wait and talk to his until after our dinner appointment at 5 that day.  The mission Skype account username is ------------- that I'll be using, but if that name doesn't work it could be --------------- as the screen name.  I think your is --------- if I remember correctly.  Let me know if it's any different but I figure if all else fails I'll just call to confirm the name before we Skype that day.  I'm excited to talk to you guys and hopefully it's a little less hectic and chaotic this time for you.  It's too bad I won't get to talk to all of you, but just know I appreciate all the love and support that you guys give to me!  I look forward to talking to you and hope that all is well.

Love, Elder Alex Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment