Monday, May 21, 2012

Back on the Road

Hey Crafts,

     So with transfer calls today it's been a little bit hectic and crazy but nothing too bad since there are 3 of us here doing it.  That's right I found out I'm being transferred.  President talked to me Thursday when we had our transfer meeting with him.  He kind of took me by surprise when he mentioned it, but it's something I knew as going to come.  As much as I would have enjoyed it staying here for 10 1/2 months would have been a long time.  Not as long as Nick's last area in Korea but a good amount considering I've only been in an area for 4 1/2 months max.  President was very encouraging about my new assignment and appreciative for what I've been able to do here.  I have truly enjoyed all the experiences that I've been able to have!  This area is one that I have grown to love.  Especially the people we've been teaching and working with and the members that are here.  Time has flown by!  I can't believe that it has been a little over 3 transfers already.  My new area and assignment is over in the Lake Nokomis Ward as a Zone Leader for the Minneapolis Zone.  I'm going to the northern bordering area to here so not too far out there.  I'm the Zone Leader over the Bloomington and Eden Prairie areas actually so that will be a lot of fun.  This area (Lake Nokomis) is a pretty sweet one that will be similar to my Shingle Creek experience.  The Lake Nokomis ward covers half of downtown Minneapolis and the Southern part of it too.  So after my time on the North side last summer I get to go to the South side for this summer.  I'm pretty excited!  My new companion is Elder Holmes from Wellsburg, Utah.  He came out with me from the MTC just in the other district, so this should be a lot of fun for us.  The funny thing is that because I've been here in the Minneapolis zone for awhile I've been on exchanges to that area about 4-5 times and had people say, "maybe you'll serve here one day" and now that's happening. haha  It's going to be a little change of pace from what I've been used to here but it will be good.  Elder Wright is Elder Dalrymple's new companion from San Diego.  He's a great missionary and these 2 are going to do a lot of great things here and for the mission.

     In other exciting news things here have been fantastic this week!  We had some really great lessons and 3 of our investigators came to church yesterday.  Things here are really starting to pick up and I'm excited to see what happens over the next few weeks and months.  It's going to be hard to leave these people but I won't be too far away at all to come to their baptisms so it's not too bad.  Originally President told me I'd be serving as a Zone Leader down in Rochester so that would have been a little further away.

     I'm glad to hear that you all enjoyed the story about Elder Dalrymple! haha It made us laugh pretty hard too.  There are so many hilarious stories that I wish I could tell you over the email but that just won't do it justice.  Good thing I like to tell stories and I'll have hours to spend letting you all listen to them haha ;) jk.  It sounds like a good week for all the rest of you.  The last week of Jr. High for Natalie!  That's crazy to think about!  It's exciting that you'll be getting ready for high school.  That means you must have passed math so they won't keep you in 9th grade an extra year which is good haha.

     I'm glad that you got to talk to the Smith's.  Those guys are so awesome!  I've told that investigator a couple stories about Colton.  Like yesterday at church maneuvering his wheel chair around he told me, "man you're pretty good with this thing" and I told him i had a few years of "driving wheel chair in a church" experience under my belt to help with that. haha  I assume that you got that gift package Mom because I heard from Dad about his Gopher shirt.  I hope it made it all in one piece.  I sent it for Mother's Day but it's kind of like a Father's Day gift too.  You guys are just so great and do so much to support me! 

  Well sorry I don't have much more time to write today.  I'm glad to hear all the great news from you guys.  I love you and look forward to talking to you again.

Love, Elder Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment