Monday, February 27, 2012

Mmmm, Chocolate!

Dear Everyone,

    This week has been amazing!  Sorry there won't be much time to report today in the midst of transfers.  We've been doing calls this morning, so I'm finding some time to write in our shifts of calling the teams haha.  We had some meetings with President Clements this week just about transfers and other things that we needed to get done.  So this last week and the next few days are going to be a little hectic.  No matter what happens though I know that my hand won't be cold because of the package of hand warmers you all sent me. Thank you so much for that package!  It means a lot that you guys were thinking of me and my hands.  I really appreciate all your love and support you constantly give to me!  Beside the transfer stuff we had a really good proselyting week.  We were able to pick up 5 new investigator.  There's a couple new people that have family members that are members of the church we are working with now and are really excited about.  We found an amazing new family of 3 tracting this last week that we were able to go back and teach.  The night that we tracted into them the father was super nice to us and the son was actually watching a cartoon of the miracles of Christ's life on TV.  They are basically members of the church already haha.  They have Greg Olsen's painting of the Savior with the child on his lap and that one of Christ you told me about, Mom, and sent me those stamps of from when you were in primary framed and hanging on their walls.  They were some of the nicest people I've met and been able to teach.  They called us the 3 wise men when we showed up and had bought us each a package of Lindor chocolates!  Something all you chocolate fans can appreciate and understand how awesome they are just for that fact alone. haha ;) We're really excited to teach them and expect some great things to happen here in our ward.

     Transfers are today for the whole mission, but Elder Crepeau and Elder Lo got their transfer calls on Friday.  Elder Crepeau is going back to central Minneapolis Spanish and Elder Lo is going to the Minneapolis Hmong area for the last 2 transfers of my mission.  It's sad that they are leaving.  We had such a great transfer together and were constantly laughing.  It's hard to believe that it's already been a whole transfer almost here with them.  We weren't sure who my new companion would be, but President called him on Friday and we picked him up last night. His name is Elder Dalrymple from Orem, Ut.  He's been serving in Lakeville as a Zone Leader for the past few transfers.  He played basketball for Snow College back in Utah so he's probably my only other companion that I've had that can dunk or touch the rim even.  He's a great missionary that I'm really excited to work with!  Even though we don't have Zone Conferences this transfer we have a bunch of specialized trainings we'll need to do.  Normally in this ward we are the West missionaries that cover the West half of the ward, and there's a set of missionaries that cover the East part.  Pretty self explanatory I know, but the reason I say that is because this transfer President has decided to close East Bloomington so Elder Dalrymple and I will cover the whole ward now.  It's going to be a lot more to cover and a lot more work but that will bring a lot more success and a lot more of the miracles that we've seen.  There's going to be a lot of exciting things happening here and I'm excited to be apart of it all.  We have 10 missionaries going home and 17 coming in all on Wednesday that we get to pick up and drop off.  In the group of 17 there's 8 new Sisters coming out.   It should be a lot of fun haha.

     Sorry there's not much more to say.  I hope all is well. Just know that I love and pray for you always.  Thanks for all that you do for me!

Love, Elder Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment