Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Dear Craft Family!!

    Sorry first of all that I send the emails to different ones each week I just respond to the last one from Dad usually.  That's too bad for Chase.  Dang it!! I really feel bad.  I need their address so I can write him.  I'm gonna miss his birthday though, so if you guys could tell him Happy Birthday and that I'm thinking of him that'd be awesome! 
     Thank you so much for the package! I was really excited to get it!  I hope I was suppose to open it and not wait until Christmas because I already opened it. haha Just a quick question though: Am I suppose to send the stocking back after Christmas?  Everything you guys sent was great!  I love it!  For next time though please don't send any more sunflower seeds.  I really like them but I can only eat them during my personal study at home sometimes, so i"m not even through the first bag that you sent when I first flew out.  Almost a month ago!  I never thought I'd make it.  The days still seem super long but I've survived so far.  Haha I'm sorry that all I could send were some cheesy cards but I don't know what else I could send.  I wish I could send you all something cool from here, but the back woods of Wisconsin don't really have much to offer.  Not even for the people that live here.  That's one thing me and my companion haven't figured out is why people choose to live here.  Apparently it's the summers because it's so beautiful around, but we think there's a disease called "The Forgetful Syndrome" that people suffer from.  It comes around in April or May and makes people forget that there ever was a winter so they stay here.  Then when September/October rolls around and it gets cold again they forget what it was like and are ornery and complain the whole time.  As missionaries knocking on there door at night in that freezing cold we get to suffer the side effects of this syndrome.  It's great!  But that's the best explanation we have for people living here.  
    I'm so excited to call you guys!!  I can't wait!  I think what I'll do is call you from the house phone of the people I live it since they'll be gone and said we can use it.  Then you'll just call me right back like at the airport.   From the information everyone's told me it sounds like between 1-2 pm around maybe 1:30 will be best for everyone when they're all there.  So plan on that and I can't wait to talk to you all!  I'm hoping maybe I can call Nick and Tati too since they can't be there, but we'll see.  Fingers crossed!
     As for my companion it sounds like everyone thinks I really don't like this guy.  Well that's not true.  I just wanna clear up that Elder Blume's a great missionary that I'm very happy to be serving with.  He's a great companion and example on how to be a missionary and an effective one at that.  The thing that's also true is that he can drive me a little nuts with some of the stuff he does, but that's just how it goes and I guess I should thank him for teaching me patience and how to deal with married life too.  To answers some other questions about him he's been out 16-17 months and goes home the first week in August.  It's been really funny to see our different perceptions of this transfer.  He's thought it's flown by and I'm wondering how I'll ever survive to the end.  If the end even gets here!  haha Jk but really it is kinda funny how true that is. 
     Oh yeah shoveling snow has been a great work out.  Which is good but sweating in a suit in -5 isn't the funnest thing.  Plus, it's something I never thought would be humanly possible.  I'll get some more practice with it though because we're having another storm right now that's suppose to give another 6-9 inches.  It's funny you said I can stay in shape with it Mom because the 30 minute morning workout's a joke.  I'm never motivated to get all into and workout like I did at home.  There's only so much that push ups and sit ups can do for you in 30 minutes. 
   I'm glad to hear that Dad, Brady, and of course Tom can still keep the Tar Heel pride alive.  I hope they get better.  It can't get much worse than last year.  Sorry I can't address everyone specifically again, but I  will to those who asked other questions.
Kat and Tom:  Thanks for sending a package! I'm excited to get it and try these infamous cupcakes.  Camie's just using the cupcake craving as an excuse.  We all know she's a recovered childhood Root Beeraholic.  It doesn't matter that there cupcakes it's the ingredient inside! ;) JK Camie haha I am looking forward to seeing Harry Potter and to do that marathon too!  Everyone here's been telling us how cool it is too, so I'm glad you can rub it in.  :)  What exactly is the definition of LemonFresh in the dictionary?  That's way funny!

Nick and Tati:  That's not even a snow storm what you guys had.  That is funny they canceled school for it.  Are you guys in the DC South MIssion at all?  I'm just curious because that's where the other half of my district's at.  Tell Tati not to worry and you too about writing.  I know you both are crazy busy!  Especially with those hours you look.  If it makes you feel better I don't get Christmas or New Years off.  They told us that's not a P-Day, so we get to call home and then go out and look like normal.  I don't think many people will be too willing to listen, so that should make tracting fun.  I hope the job search gets a little better for you.  Let me know of any news.

Brady:  All I really wanted to ask is what you, Katlin, and Chantel talked about at Carol's for so long?  I'm kinda worried about that. haha

     I hope everyone else is doing great!  Sorry I didn't have anything specific for everyone.  Tell Carol thanks for the journal.  That was way nice!  I remember that assembly too Mom.  That was crazy but was so fun!  It was one of the coolest memories of high school for sure.  You're very welcome for inviting you to them all.  I was just so happy to see all of you at all my games, assemblies, and everything else you supported me in!  You guys are the greatest!!  I can't wait to talk to you all!  I love you and miss you so much!  I look forward to when I can come home and tell you all the great stories I'm going to have.  Merry Christmas and I'll talk to you Saturday!! :)

Love, Elder Alex Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment