Monday, December 13, 2010

First Record Snow Storm

Dear Family,

    I'd just like to start this letter by apologizing to all those who I don't have time to write pesronal response to.  I really wish I could I just don't have time or type nearly fast enough.  You all have to remember I'm writing all these with the 32 WPM typing ability.  Pretty good I know!! ;)
   
     I'll address just things for everyone at the first of this and then answer most of the individual questions later.  For Christmas I actually resalize that I have no idea and really don't care what I get.haha I just love and miss you all so much anything from you would mean the world for me!  Food's usually good and socks I guess.  It sounds really lame but I don't know what else to ask for. It seems to change each time.  I just know that anything with the family is fine for me to get.  Sorry that's not much help.  Next I just wanna ask two major concerns of mine: 1- How's the garage look?  And is my 20+ hour labor of love still being used? 2- What's the situation look like with my car?  I don't know if I said this in the last email but if you have to please just sell it stereo and all.  I can get another one when I get back I just don't want it to be a burdon on the family because I know Brady's trying really hard to get a job but with no luck.  Sorry about that Brady I wish you could have one of my old jobs.  Just keep looking man.  Speaking of which have you gotten any new job offers or interviews Dad?  This is more for Kat and Tom I guess but I'm just curious doesn't Tom have a brother named Paul in St. Paul? And you two were just there?  Anyway moving on to the next question, has anyone gone to see the lights at Temple Square yet?  I miss that actually even though I didn'y go a ton.  We just see pictures of it here and tell people about it, and that made me realize how much I really took for granted living in Utah.  I've realized how much I love it there.  So my advice is to either go as a family or it's a great date idea (Brady ;)), but that's just my opinion.  I'm glad you all got to see the news coverage of that because I was living it!!  This area is usually the coldest part of the country when you look at the weather, but this storm was rare even for them.  My comp and I were inside Friday because we weren't feeling the greatest so we were just trying to make it better before anything serious developed, but then the whole mission was grounded on Saturday.  It started snowing early Saturday morning and didn't end until early Sunday morning around 6 a.m. I guess.  In that 24 hour time perios it dumped 20 inches alll over the whole area!!  It was a crazy blizzard white out and watching it from the window of our apartment was nuts!  It did collapse the roof of the Viking stadium along with shutting down the major highway between both states I-94 because there were huge 4 ft snow drifts all over that theyy couldn't get removed.  They canceled church in all the stakes of our mission yesterday but no we don't stay inside for that.  We only stay in once it hits -40.  So we went out with a plan to do some contacting  but had to help Bro. Greenwood who we live with move the 2 feet of snow of the driveway and our car for an hour.  Once we finished we had to go to the church to get some more snow shovels and ending up shoveling the snow off that sidewalk so people could actually get in.  Being the amazing missionaries we are we didn't stop there.  We went and dugg a member family's driveway and cars out because once the plows came yesterday morning for the first time they moved all of the packed snow to the side in 3-4 ft mounds.  When we drive down any street there's cars buried all over and the snow plowed to the side is as high as the window on the car doors, so it's kinda weird to drive anywhere.  It really looks like a barren frozen tundra now with everything covered in feet, not inches, feet of snow.  These are the experiences I was waiting for and expected though so I got them.  Especially yesterday because we still had to shovel another elderly couple out last night in the middle of nowhere where they hadn't had any plows but there were plenty of giant snow drifts.  Plus the temperature was about -10 and that helped to keep the whole experience pretty real.  It was pretty warm today actually at a whopping 5 degrees.  The best part about this huge snow storm is that now unlike Utah where it can all be melted the next day this will all be here plus some until at least April.  I'm looking forward to that. 

Now to kinda address each of you so it's a little more personal:

Dad- I'm glad that the pictures I emailed got to you but I can't remember what I sent to help you label them sorry.  You can upload anything I send to that blog that's fine and I don't care who's allowed to see it.  Whoever you guys want is fine by me.  Except tell Mitch that he can't log onto it until that kid writes me back for the letter I sent him haha jk.  You can send stuff to the mission home and they'er good about forwarding it to me but for anyone that wants to know my physical address is XXXXXX
Mom- Sorry I didn't answer this last week but yes I know hard to believe people will reject and not listen to us.  They must not know who I am ;).  Every time someone does though I don't get mad or anything I just think to myself "I hope I'm there when they're at judgment and I get to look at them and go I tried to tell you"  so that's what keeps me going.  I'm sorry to hear about the show you did.  That's a bummer for sure.  I hope the next one goes well for you.  I'm glad you got the pictures though like I told Dad and that you liked them.  I am a little homesick but it's getting better for sure through much prayer and trust in the Lord.

Nick and Tati-  How's everything going? Thanks for doing the blog too.  That's way cool! Specifically how's the job hunt going and how are you Tati? I haven't heard much about you so I'm just curious.

Kat and Tom-  These cupcakes I've been promised sound amazing and I can't wait to finally get them.  Thanks again for all the love and emails you both send that help me so much.

Camie, Brock, and Brandt-  That's so awesome to hear about Alicia and Heather!  They finally realized that all people can repent ;)! jk hah but that really is exciting and I'm glad to hear Brandt's doing great along with both of you. 

Brady-  You have a new girlfriend huh? Nice work! but I need a picture to approve of it fully haha jk man.  I'm glad you're happy but you've probaly already heard it and I'll just say it again: don't get too attached because dating alot of other girls can be really fun too!! Trust me I've been there done that haha  JK Basketball sounds like it's going good too.  I loved those games! Just keep the pride going!

Natalie-  Maybe certain people are more ornery because they're more stressed.  Just be supportive and offer to help anyway that you can and it should help.  I know you do already to keep up the good attitude and you'll be fine I promise.  Yes I've gotten plenty more doors slammed in my face and I still laugh everytime.  It's their problem and salvation not mine.  I haven't gotten any stocking yet but I look forward to it!

Grandma Craft-  Thanks for that story!! That was very cool and amazing that it was a true story.  How are you doing?  Are you feeling any better?  I miss not being able to visit you but look forward to the letters and emails.

     Well this was a little longer and more informative so I hope it helps, but the work here is amazing despite the biting cold the work of the Lord never stops.  I feel so privelaged to be apart of it and to see the change and joy that it can bring into peoples lives like it has to ours!  My favorite thing is to teach the Plan of Salvation because I have such a string testimony of that and I'm so thankful for it in my life! You all are the greatest and I love, appreciate, and miss all of you so much! I can't wait to hear from you again and you'll all be in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment