Monday, January 16, 2012

All the Way to the Top

Dear Crafts!

     Sorry that this will probably be shorter than some of the previous ones.  There are a lot of things that have happened here in the last week.  We had an exchange that I did in the Plymouth area on Tuesday.  If you can believe it it was 55 degrees!  We stopped by a potential that they talked to a couple weeks ago who ended up not being interested but we asked if there was anything that we could do to help him out.  He had the families van and suburban pulled out on the lawn with a couple buckets, and told us he was just about to wash the cars and we could help with that.  We helped to hand wash those cars with the hose on January 10th in Minnesota!  I never thought that I would ever be able to say that in Utah let alone out here in the land of cold!  haha  Just a fun little crazy story for the past week from here.  I'll try to send you a picture of that whole event at the end of this. haha

     So you may have already known that today is transfer calls.  To answer Nick's question the average missionary has I have no idea how many areas.  I've heard anywhere from 3 or 4 areas to 16.  So it's pretty hard to tell.  14 months is definitely the longest I've ever heard of in an area haha. For me I guess I get to add another one.  I know that Mom really wanted to keep the Neilson connection going in Eden Prairie, but unfortunately the Lord and President Clements had another idea.  I found out that I'm not going to be staying here for the next transfer.  I have really loved this area and serving with Elder Pope and I'm sure that you guys have loved all the fun little calls, emails, and rare visits from members here in Eden Prairie.  I got a call on Saturday afternoon  from President Clements about where I'll now be serving, so I've known for a couple days and just haven't been able to tell you.  President Clements has now asked me to serve as one of his Assistants here in the W. Bloomington Area.  It was definitely a shock to me and still kind of is.  I'm very humbled and excited to serve in this new assignment.  Like I said before I might not have as long of emails for the next few weeks due to a lack of time haha.  Just as kind of a warning too I might not be able to email every Monday, but I will be able to email each week.  I'll make an attempt to keep you updated and informed haha.  There's going to be 3 Assistants for this transfer, so I will be with Elder Lo and Elder Crepeau who I was with for a couple days at the beginning of this transfer.  It's going to be a lot of fun and pretty busy too.  We have all the Zone Conferences this transfer so I'll get to tour the whole mission and see all the missionaries.  It's going to be intense trying to learn all the missionaries names and areas and stuff like that.  We're pretty busy doing transfer stuff today making all the calls and in the next few days we'll be picking up the new missionaries and taking the going home ones to the airport.  It shouldn't be too bad since there's only 4 going home and 3 coming in.  I'm pretty excited and thought you'd be pretty surprised to see how this transfer went.

     I'm way excited to hear about Brady's call coming hopefully this week!  That's so exciting!  Remember my guesses too haha.  Thanks for the pictures and emails this week from all of you.  I'm glad to hear that everything's going well.  I love and appreciate all that you guys do for me.  Good luck for everyone this week with school, work, and everything in between (including running the mile ;) haha JK).  Talk to you soon!

Love, Elder Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment