Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Isn't There Suppossed to be Snow Here?

Hey Everyone,

     Thanks for the emails and letters this past week.  Sorry to leave you hanging for a few days.  We went to the temple as a district today.  I forgot to mention in the email on Thanksgiving that my next P-Day wouldn't be until today.  Thanksgiving was a lot of fun.   To answer some of your questions yes it was a little nerve racking having dinner with Elder Payne and President Clements.  With so many people being there it was kind of a more casual thing though.  Sitting with President and Sister Clements at our table was pretty cool though because we got to just sit and talk with them outside of an interview setting and get to know each other a little better.  There really wasn't anything too different for dinner at all or anything too amazing I guess.  
     This past week didn't have anything too crazy here in the Garden of Eden.  There still hasn't been any snow yet, but from what I hear that will be coming tomorrow.  I'm not complaining by any means.  We went until December without snow.  That has to be some sort of miracle for Minnesota.  Everybody's surprised by it.  There must be some very faith filled bike missionaries here that have been praying for the snow to hold off.  We have been able to set  up a few more appointments for the next couple days with potentials and people we've tracted into, so hopefully the work continues to pick up.  Thanks for all the prayers.  I know that's what's helping and providing the miracles for us here.

     It's crazy to think that next Monday (which should be my normal P-Day again by the way) is transfer call day!  6 weeks has gone by already.  I think in a sense now that it has been a year everyone's right that it is picking up and I'm not really sure what it is that causes it.  Even President Clements talked about that in an interview that Elder Parry and I had with him this last week.  He gave me an analogy that I've heard as I'm sure many of you have that missions are like a roller coaster, for more reasons than one haha.  It seems to just drag as it's chugging up the first part of the hill until it gets to the top.  Then it kind of pauses for a second.  After that it just flies by with nothing you've really changed or that you can do about it, and the closer you get to the bottom the faster it's going.  I've seen that in sense I guess now looking back, but I'm just looking forward to what's going to happen here in Eden Prairie the next couple weeks and to experience the great things that I know are coming.

     It sounds like Natalie had a good birthday.  Surprise surprise that there was honey sesame chicken to eat haha.  It sounds like everyone there seemed to make it a party too haha.   I hope that she was able to get the package that I sent.  Crazy to think that in 6 months now she can get here learners permit!  What it that all about?  Lucky for her the cavalier might just be available without any one to even drive it.  That's probably exactly what Mom and Dad did not want to hear haha, but we have to face the facts sometime.

      To answer a question that I figure is going to be coming from some of you here soon I have no idea what I need or want for Christmas.  I definitely do not need food like I got last year haha.  I have plenty of t-shirts along with warm winter clothes too.  I asked for music before but getting it approved is kind of a hassle if it's not within the qualifications and standards already.  I've gotten books and stuff before but I never have time to read them or space to really pack them around.  I know I had mentioned to Mom and Dad about a GPS too but as of now I can navigate my way around the area just fine and with the maps we have it's easy enough that I never really get lost, so I don't think that will be a necessity like I thought before.  Sorry to not really help out at all and I kind of made it a little more difficult, but I figured I'd try to tell you somewhat early haha.  You guys are so great I just can't think of anything I need.  You take care of me too well ;). haha  

     Sorry this is kind of short too and there's not too much exciting in it.  I hope that you are all doing well.  Thanks for your prayers and support.  I'm always praying for you guys!  I can't wait to talk to you again hopefully with news of me staying in Eden Prairie haha.

Love,  Elder Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment