Monday, June 20, 2011

It's a Boy!

Dear Family,

     I'm glad to hear from what Mom was able to tell me that everyone's doing well.  I'm a little confused as to what this award scarf thing is that Brady got but I guess when you're out of the loop that's what happens haha.  I hope that everyone was able to have a good Father's Day. I'm glad that you like the card Dad.  I hope all goes well with you traveling and everything this week.  The Father's Day for us was just the same as everyday in case anyone was wondering haha.  We did get transfer calls last night which was a little different because those usually come on the Monday morning before transfers, but President Howell's leaving so he kind of does what he wants.  Unfortunately for us our phone has really been acting up recently.  It turns itself off and won't let us turn it back on until it decides.  It's really frustrating and was even more so yesterday.  It shut off as we were leaving to bike to church and we couldn't get it back on until we got home after church and our coordination meeting.  When we did finally get it to work we had a missed call from President Howell for me to call him back.  Only problem is that he didn't answer when I did.  I wish that I could express the amount of stress that that dumb phone put us under yesterday.  I was ready to throw it down the street and make it "give up the ghost" haha.  We just had to leave for a couple appointments we had from the day before when we were tracting.  Elder Hatch and I started praying in our hearts that it would turn back on just to call President Howell and our dinner appointment who'd also called earlier.  All I have to say is that the Lord provides those tender mercies and answers prayers.  Even the small seemingly insignificant ones because we got it turned back on.  We had another missed call from President Howell but because our phone was running on the spirit this time I called him back and got to talk with him.  He asked me how my obedience and companionship study was going.  I told him pretty good and his exact response was, "well we're going to have to try and make it even better.  I want you to train one of those new missionaries coming in Elder".  I'm now going to be training for the next 2 transfers (3 months) with this new missionary that comes in on Wednesday.  He'll be my companion that I'll have had the longest and Shingle Creek will be the longest area I'll be in.  I'm excited to be able to help this new missionary with the start of his mission.  Sorry that was kind of a long story just about a malfunctioning phone but like I said it was alot of added stress and problems for us at the most inconvenient of times.  Isn't that how it always is though? haha  Like you've probably already all figured out Elder Hatch by default is now leaving and being transferred for the first time in his 4 1/2 months out.  He's going to North Branch which is only about 40 miles north and a little East of here.  From what I've heard it's a great area he's really going to love.  I'm really glad I got the opportunity to learn and grow with him through all the different experiences we've had the past 6 weeks.  It's a little sad the our district couldn't stay together because we all really like each other but the Lord knows what he's doing.  Elder Kingston is moving North of Elder hatch  a ways up to a place called Askov for the last 6 weeks of his mission.  He's going to the U right when he gets home and said he wants to go up to Hooper to visit my family.  So if you have an Elder Joey Kingston from LA who's going to the University of Utah show up on the front step one day to say hi you'll know why. haha Elder Bennett is still going to be here with me from our district for the next 2 transfers too because he's training also.  It's going to be interesting now being the "oldest" missionary in our district .  We'll have to 2 new Greenies and Elder Bennett who just finished his 3 months of being trained by Elder Kingston.  President Clements will be coming in this week I think with the new missionaries.  I hope you were able to get the forward of when and where President and Sister Howell will be speaking.  It's weird to have them go but I'm excited to get to know and help President Clements any way I can now.

     As for any new news here on the work Micheal is still working towards being baptized.  We met with him a couple times last week.  He's been taught everything, interviewed, and read The Book of Mormon.  He's so ready but like he told us last week he's the only one holding himself back.  He's nervous to mess up again once he is baptized, so it's a legitimate concern.  We are just trying to encourage and assure him that he is ready without him feeling pushed or unsure about getting baptized at all.  I have faith that he will be baptized in the next few weeks it's just a matter of him feeling ready and confident.

     That's about all for the exciting and new information here.  I have one more question that Brady might be able to answer.  KC John should be either home or coming home this month and I was just curious when his homecoming was or will be?  I'm glad to hear that all is well and I hope that everyone will continue to be blessed and watch over.  I pray for you all always.  I love and miss you and can't wait to hear from you again!

Love, Elder Alex Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment