Monday, October 17, 2011

The Computer Ate My Email . . . I Promise!

Hey Crafts,

     I am so sorry that you guys thought that I forgot to email or didn't have time last week.  In reality I did send a really good long email that I was upset to find out at the library today didn't send because I attached too many pictures and it was too big.  So the email I have copied down here is the one from last week.  I'll write another one for this week too.  Sorry to leave you all hanging.  I was just trying to keep you on your toes and anxious haha ;).



                                                                                  (Monday Oct. 10, 2011)

Dear Craft Family,

     Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!!  It was a good one.  I got to do on my birthday what I've done on every other holiday so far. . .tract. haha It was good all in all.  It didn't really feel like anything special yo now be 20.  I feel the same in case you were wondering haha.  I'm glad that you got the video and pictures from Sister Neilson.  I should have asked her to send them to me too so I could see it.  If it's not too much trouble maybe you could send them to me. I didn't mean to look nervous.  It was just kind of different.  It was cool to know that you guys could have a part in my birthday and all, but I almost didn't tell them it was my birthday.   I felt kind of sheepish and didn't want them to make it a big deal or put the attention on me.  They are the nicest family though!  I don't think there's another one in this ward I would have rather had my birthday with haha.  For you information Mom no my head is not shaved.  It's short but not shaved.  You're not allowed to shave your head in our mission unless your black or Polynesian basically.  For those of you that asked I got the package from Nick, Tati, Mom, and Brady on Thursday.  Thank you so much for that too!  It was really nice and the fudge was a nice treat too ;).  As for any others I have gotten anything and with the post office closed today I won't until maybe tomorrow.  You guys are the greatest though!!  Thank you for all the love and support that you give to me.

     This week was a good week but nothing too outstanding.  We're still working to find more people to teach but in the land of "great and spacious buildings" it's a little harder to accomplish through tracting.  Most people have a church or religion they're apart of and even though we may present to them a way to have even more happiness the underlying attitude seems to be, "why should I change?  I'm comfortable and obviously successful".  It's just one of those unique challenges we're working to overcome in this area, but I know the Lord will provide away for us to find those that are seeking the truth here among the kingdom builders haha  We went out tracting yesterday like I said before and didn't find one person that was interested or gave us their information to come back in the couple hours we were doing it.  The greatest part is that we still found a couple really solid potentials.  One was a guy washing his car in our garage that we just talked to as we were heading out, and the other lady was walking by with her husband as we walked down a driveway of a house that we had just knocked on.  It's amazing how even though there was no direct success from the actual knocking on doors itself the blessings of tracting were still presented to us in people placed in our path to talk to.  Like I said the Lord will always find a way to bring about His purpose for those of His children here in this area.

     In October there's what's called a mission tour here where we get the chance to meet and listen to a General Authority.  It's something I'm sure most if not all missions get the chance to have.  I'm not positive but I'm guessing that's when Nick got to meet Elder Eyring when he was in Korea.  Well ours is suppose to be at the end of the month sometime, unfortunately right before Kevin gets into Minnesota I think.  This week we found out we get a special privilege on Friday.  Elder Quentin L. Cook is going to be in Rochester for some reason, and he and President Clements are good friends.  They worked at the same law firm in San Fransisco and were partners of that firm together I think.  So President Clements talked to him and convinced him to come and do a "Mini Mission Tour" here in the cities at the Bloomington Building on Friday.  We get to go from about 12:30-4:30 to meet and listen to an apostle of the Lord speak to us!!  It's pretty exciting and something we're really looking forward to!  We only found out about it on Saturday, but I'll tell you all about it next week.

     I hope all is well and that you guys are enjoying the snow some of you are getting.  We've had record breaking Fall heat here.  It's been in the 80's for over a week now and last Thursday was the hottest it's been on that day since Minnesota became a state.  We're loving it and hoping that maybe winter just forgets to stop here this year haha.  Everyone talks about how awful and miserable last winter was.  It was the worst most people say they've ever seen.  That's what gives me comfort to know that I can survive another.  Except now the weather predictions for the winter are that's it's suppose to be even worse than the last one!  No body's really excited about that, but there's nothing we can do to stop it.  Thanks again for the support, love, and gifts for my birthday!  You guys are the best!  I love and miss you but look forward to talking to you again soon!

Love, Elder Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment